Whether you are on the go or getting ready for an event, the last thing you want to do is waste your makeup. When I heard about the newest makeup trend, called the silisponge, I knew I'd have to try it! When it comes to beauty products, I like to try it all and see what really works for me.
I love my beauty blender and I've been using it for years now. It evenly goes on to my skin, makes makeup easy to apply and creates a flawless long lasting look. So why would I need to leave my trusted blender for the silisponge?
Applying makeup with the silisponge will take practice, but once you master the right technique you'll find yourself liking this product. If you don't get the hang of it and feel it doesn't work like your usual sponge, you'll hate it and never use it again (I'm being honest).
Here are some TIPS for using the silisponge:
- Place a small amount of liquid foundation on the silisponge.
- Distribute throughout your face using a downward streaking motion.
- Use a dabbing technique to blend your makeup into your face.
- Add more product to the silisponge if you feel like you don't have enough after dabbing into your face.
Here are the PROS to using a silisponge:
- No makeup is wasted, a little goes a long way with this product.
- Makeup doesn't soak into the silisponge.
- Easy to clean, wash it under water or use rubbing alcohol and then pat dry.
- Even application, creating clean and flawless looking skin.
Here are the CONS to using a silisponge:
- It will take a few applications to really get the technique down.
- Works only with liquid or cream base makeup.
- If you have fast drying liquid makeup, application must be done quickly.
Let me know what you think of this new trend!